Tuesday 6 April 2010

LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE

It’s a phrase originated by Chaucer around 1380 in Troilus and Criseyde, 'It is nought good a slepyng hound to wake'. It means that one shouldn't stir up a potentially difficult situation when it's best left alone.

And who am I to disagree.

However sleeping dogs have become something of a strange fascination in recent years. And so while on my travels I began to photograph them.

The heat in these far flung countries often results on dogs falling asleep in the middle of the road. Giving me an opportunity to pull the trigger.

I’d like to also take time to thank my wife Irenie. Not only did she encourage this madness. She has also risked rabies to contribute to this odd and strangely interesting collection of photographs.

No dogs were harmed in the production of these images.

Ubud, Bali.

Limassol, Cyprus

Havana, Cuba

Santiago de Chile, Chile

Hanga Roa, Easter Island

Aswan, Egypt

Santiago de Chile, Chile

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

1 comment:

  1. hehehe! - dogs! - Valparisio Chile... http://picasaweb.google.com/paul.keesing/PKsTravelLog#5460029053844783042

    ReplyDelete